Lifenotes #24: November 2022
Why is it dark all the time?· 2 min read ⏱️
- Went to Brighton for FFConf and a couple of days off, and it was joyful! Was really great to hang out with lovely people, catch some sunshine, and have a little of time and space to myself 😌
- Made some time to see friends, which was lovely, cause my friends are the best 💛
- Finally started moving things to get the house on the market. Someone came round to take pictures, hopefully it will be listed soon 🤞🏼
- Didn’t really get on with the therapist I’ve been seing through my health insurance, so I’ve decided to wrap those sessions up and go looking for a private therapist that fits what I’m looking for (basically not CBT).
- Got a new piercing! I’d been wanting to get my septum done for ages, finally got off my arse and booked it in.
- Started seeing someone really great 💛
- Great British Bake Off: I’m really happy Syabira won, she was my fav from the start.
- Went to see Triangle of Sadness with my good friend Kevino (if you’re reading this I’m sorry this is your name now forever). I enjoyed it, but it was a bit on the long side.
- Got proper into Deathloop and I freaking love it now (it’s on pause while I play God of War though).
- We spoke with the last person standing in the floppy disk business by Niek Hilkmann & Thomas Walskaar
- Wtf is an island and why is it in my website? by Rach Smith
- Shein is even worse than you thought by Sangeeta Singh-Kurtz
- The roles we play: this is such a beautiful book and story 💛 I really enjoyed the detail that each chapter came with a chosen track you could listen while you read.
- The IndieWeb for everyone by Max Böck
- God of War Ragnarök: haven’t had a lot time to get stuck into this, but it’s always satisfying when at the end of a long day you can cleave some fake creatures in half to unwind 😌
- Went to see Black Panther: Wakanda Forever with Nisha and Rachael. Not the biggest marvel fan, but it was a fun watch and it was lovely to hang out with my mates.
- Caught Aftersun after seeing a trailer for it earlier in the month. It was a good watch, and emotionally compelling, but I was really sleepy when I went to see it and there were a few dark, quiet scenes 😅