Lifenotes #12: August 2021
Escape to Scotland part 2 🌲· 2 min ⏱️
- I painted a big triangle on my office wall 👩🏼🎨🎨
- Got a proper haircut and colour 💇🏼♀️
- We went on a lovely holiday to Craik Forest 🌲 🏴
- Why women in tech are so angry all the time by Emily Kager
- New in Git: switch and restore by Dragos Barosan
- Interviewing software engineers by Jennifer Moore - this quote really resonated with me:
- "Take home projects might be worse, because while they do potentially allow people to use their actual tools of choice, it also severs the tenuous connection they had to a member of the team."
- How to break out of the thread of doom by Tania Reilly
- My first CSS by Nathan Hardy
- Tried a couple of TV shows that I didn't really like: Startup and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend.
- Successful Slack by Justin Garrison
- Stay alert by Rich Harris
- Foundations by Jeremy Keith
- Keeping it simple with CSS that scales by Andy Bell
- On the design of women's spaces by Kat Marchán
- JS async and await in loops by Zell Liew
- Superstore: such a fun watch, loved it 🙌🏼
- A Quiet Place part 2: good sequel, quite entertaining.
- With the end in mind: amazing book, changed my understanding of death, has immediately quelled a lot of my anxiety about it.
- La comunidad (common wealth): rewatched it after many years, still a fun watch. Lots of great actors, playing a bunch of unhinged people.
- Witches, sluts, feminists: a really interesting read about the story of the witch through the ages and how it relates to misogyny and feminism.
- Judas and the Black messiah: absolutely excellent film, great cast and powerful story.
- Ted Lasso: started watching it and I love it so much 💛
- The vanishing half: this book was impossible to put down, I read the whole thing in a single day! Really interesting story and well developed characters.