I also loved the Zhang novel
Lifenotes #18: May 2022
The one where I turned 33 🎈· 2 min read ⏱️
- Went outlet shopping with a friend and had a lovely time 🛍
- Turned 33 🎈
- All Day Hey!
- Back in the game with my NYT Crossword streak 💪🏼
- I’m finding it harder to do it on my own cause Thom and I have very complementary knowledge 😅
- Saw a lot of friends this month! Dinner dates, walks, picnics... It was really nice 💛
- A whole bunch of my squad came to the office this month for a social, it was lovely to see everyone.
- After a year-long low iron timeout, I managed to donate blood again 🩸🎉
- Lessons learned from the recent job hunt by Jamie Tanna
- Ex Machina
- Finished Killing Eve 😢
- Rewatched Fleabag and bawled my eyes out.
- Started Greys anatomy and only after realised it has 18(!) series.
- The Google Incentive Mismatch: Problems with Promotion-Oriented Cultures by Zach Lloyd
- Decoding the Wicker Man by Roger Light
- Everything, everywhere, all at once: I loved this film so much! I am obsessed with Michelle Yeoh and she is fantastic in it 🌟
- Finished The Mercies, by Kiran Millwood Hargrave. I found the story a bit tepid but the setting was really interesting.
- The seven husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid. This was a page turner for me, I devoured it over two days.
- The fourth language by Andrew Walpole
- Scaling CSS Layout Beyond Pixels by Stephanie Eckles
- Migrating millions of lines of code to TypeScript by Andrew Lunny
- Not my job by Silvia Botros
- Lost in Translation by Manuel Matuzović
- Working hard, hardly working by Grace Beverley. I didn’t know who the author was when I bought this, and maybe if I did I wouldn’t have 😅 It was ok, some good tips and advice in there but not much that was new to me.
- Severance (again!)
- How much of these hills is gold by C Pam Zhang. I really enjoyed this, it was a touching story.
- Stranger Things Series 4