Lifenotes #21: August 2022
Summer edition ☀️· 2 min read ⏱️
- I went to Italy for a week, did a few days solo and then met up with my lovely sister and nephews. It was a lot of fun, and nice to disconnect for a bit 💛
- Had quite a few fun outings with friends. Nice meals, walks, trips to the park, just all around enjoyable days.
- Nightbitch: this was a great read. It was an unusual story that hit a lot of relatable feelings.
- BBC Radio 4, The Silent Mind: this was so interesting! I definitely have an inner monologue, but it was so fun to hear how different people’s experiences are on this.
- Paris, 13th district: wasn’t super into it, but was an entertaining watch.
- The dog who wouldn’t be quiet: I really enjoyed this film, short, sweet and a little weird, in a nice way.
- All the crows in the world: this was a fun short I saw on Mubi.
- Prima facie: this was a tough watch cause of the sexual assault theme, but it was really good.
- QI Series S: always enjoyable, and also the reason why I now say ‘darling’ every other sentence.
- Nope: watched this in the cinema when it came out and really enjoyed it.
- Heartstopper: a friend had been recommending this for ages and I finally watched it, it was so lovely and heart warming 💖
- Convenience Store Woman: this was a short and sweet holiday read.
- 5x2: I hated this film, a small part of the why is because I hated the husband, but mostly because of the gratuitous depictions of sexual assault that I don’t think were intended to be SA 😬
- A thought experiment: what if we talked about the over-60s’ screen time the way we talk about young people’s screen time? by Heather Burns
- Why thinking hard wears you out by Diana Kwon
- The book of form and emptiness: started this while on holiday, and I’m not very far in, but I love the way the story is told.
- Burnout in 2022: “Am I burnt out, or is this just life now?” by Chloe Laws
- Legend of Zelda, Breath of the Wild: picked this up again cause it turns out I hadn’t completed the trial of the sword.