Lifenotes #30: May 2023
I'm 34! 🎈· 2 min read ⏱️
- Had a really fun trip to Leeds for All Day Hey! and did some bonus birthday celebrating 🥳
- Went for pizza and games with some friends to celebrate my birthday.
- Had a fun little urban exploration walk with Juno onto the site of an old soap factory.
- Took Juno on a german shepherd group walk.
- Started to reap the benefits of learning to drive and buying a car, like impromptu Costco trips!
- Went to Edinburgh with my lovely friends and sister to see Queen Bey 💃
- Took the new Carolmobile even though I was super nervous but the drive was fine!
- My lovely friends did share the driving though 💛
- Drove all the way to Devon to see my family the week after, just me and dog.
- My house buyers basically dropped their offer by £35k, and threatened to pull out of the sale
- Gris: this is such a beautiful game, tbh I doubt I’ll finish it, cause I never seem to finish indie platformers, but I really enjoyed playing it.
- The square: full disclosure, I was really tired and barely paying attention, but I didn’t really enjoy this one.
- Will A.I. Become the New McKinsey? by Ted Chiang
- Rich Harris on frameworks, the web, and the edge
- The Deceptive World of Ghost Kitchens by Eddy Burback
- The Witch Trials of J.K. Rowling by ContraPoints
- Midsommar: went to the see this at my local cinema, and it was a good shout, it’s a stunning film, so looked amazing on the big screen! I enjoyed the weirdness of it a lot.
- The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom: having loved breath of the wild, I was very hyped for this and it did not disappoint. It had all the good from BOTW plus some AMAZING new mechanics, this was so much fun.
- Potato programming by Glyph
- You’re wrong about - Flight 571: Survival in the Andes with Blair Braverman