Lifenotes #31: June 2023
Lots of good food this month.· 2 min read ⏱️
- My lovely friend Victor came to visit me from Spain
- I showed him around some Nottingham spots, like my fav restaurants, Sherwood Forest, the castle, etc.
- I then went to London for work, and extended the trip by a day so we could hang out there too.
- We went to a couple of good restaurants, Maene and Fallow - I found Fallow overhyped tho, wasn’t that good 😅
- Had my BSL exams and we had a nice picnic after the last exam 😌
- For Jonathan’s birthday I booked us a dinner + overnight stay + breakfast at Sat Bains, a local Michelin starred restaurant, and it was AMAZING.
- The house situation got unfucked - we negotiated a way forward with the buyers 🎉
- Die hard 4.0: every christmas I watch the Die Hard films, but I never make it past 3. So went rogue with my friend and watched this one. It was ok.
- Assassins creed: this was SO BAD. Both my friend and I fell asleep on the sofa with this on. No ragrets.
- The handmaiden: this was SO GOOD! I love a story that manages to surprise me, and this film did just that, plus it’s stunning.
- Catastrophe: I’d never watched the final series so I rewatched the whole thing. Such a fun - and sometimes a little heartbreaking - show.
- Colin from accounts: this was a recommendation from Thom. It was a really fun watch!
- Kendal mountain tour: the collection of films this year was ok, but not amazing. I did really enjoy the film about some dudes who decided to paraglide halfway up a mountain so they could scale to the top after. Insane stuff!
- Asteroid city: the story wasn’t amazing, but it had a really great cast so it was a fun watch.