Lifenotes #32: July 2023
Found a new place to live! 🎉· 2 min read ⏱️
- Got 2 piercings this month! Got my helix pierced and my left nostril, ready to try a chain from nostril to nostril once it’s healed.
- Found a flat that I liked and signed a lease on it! 🎉
- Shiva baby: this was such a good watch! It kept a level of tension going the whole time, really fun film.
- Bottle rocket: they showed some of Wes Anderson’s back catalogue at my local indie cinema, so Jonathan and I went to see this one, it was good!
- Is React Having An Angular.js Moment? by François Zaninotto
- Indiana Jones and the dial of destiny: went to see this with my dear friend Kevin. Seeing my friend was really fun, the film was fine.
- Come as you are: this book is SO GOOD. In my opinion, should be required reading for women and people who have relationships with women.
- Scrubs: was looking for an easy show, and this was it!
- The guard: I really enjoyed this. Brendan Gleeson is just the best.
- Annual Performance Reviews Ruin Everything by Elizabeth Ayer
- The Power of Being New: A Proven Recipe for High Impact by Hazel Weakly
- The Nuance of “Domain” by Jim Nielsen
- I’m a luddite by Tom Humberstone
- If books could kill: Atomic habits
- If books could kill: The 5 love languages
- 99% invisible: Craptions
- Off menu: Florence Pugh
- A certain hunger: this was such a fun read! I clearly enjoy female rage novels, apparently.
- You’re wrong about: the Dyatlov Pass incident
- Barbie: this was a really fun film, really enjoyed it, especially the vibes in the cinema ✨
- Oppenheimer: I think the 3 glasses of wine I had before watching this didn’t help, but I actually slept through most of this, in the cinema 😅