Lifenotes #34: September 2023
Good friends and good food 💛· 2 min read ⏱️
- Started the month in London, and when I went to get the train back I discovered there were strikes, so I had an eventful journey home on the coach 😅
- Had an initial assessment with a dog trainer, which left me feeling hopeful about the future with Juno - he’s very nervous and that makes things hard.
- I took Juno to a secure field for the first time, it was so lovely to just play with him while he ran free, without having to stress about anything.
- Went back to London, worked in the office for a couple of days and went to State of the Browser, so got to hang out with lovely work and web friends ✨
- The unbearable weight of massive talent: wanted something easy to watch, and this fit the bill, plus Pedro Pascal is always a treat to watch.
- Wild tales: I was after something fun, so I rewatched this, it’s so good.
- Causeway: this was short and sweet, and Brian Tyree Henry was great as usual.
- On the count of three: this was original and touching and funny, would highly recommend a watch!
- Why We Don’t Recommend Ring Cameras by Adrienne So
- Jedi Survivor: started this cause I haven’t really been playing much lately, haven’t made it very far, but it’s been good so far.
- Melancholia: this was on my list, so when it came up at my local cinema, I went to see it. It was interesting and different, I enjoyed it.
- Last night in soho: this was an entertaining watch, it jumped the shark a little, but the story was interesting.
- Dumb money: whenever I go to London for work, I try and make some time to go to the cinema at the Barbican (best building in London!). This was a fun watch, I remember the whole Gamestop / Robin Hood situation happening, but I wasn’t super clued up on the details.
- Everybody’s talking about Jamie: my friend Nisha invited me to come see this play and it was SO GOOD! Everyone was super talented, and the story was really sweet.