Lifenotes #7: February 2021
The one with the new PS5.· 2 min
Hey friends! February was another locked down month, so not much happening beyond work and generally surviving 😅
😄 Good stuff
- Attended Web Stories Conf and saw some great talks.
- Pancake day! 🥞
- Got my hands on a PS5 💥
- Finally ordered a Cricut and started making cute things with it.
- Relaunched my site! 🎉
- We have a moving date 🥳
☹️ Bad stuff
- Nothing comes to mind 😱 ( personally, of course, the world at large is still a 🗑️🔥 )
- Great read from Jeremy Keith on autocomplete for OTP on the web.
- This article on dependency confusion was a good read.
- This article on the buzzfeed-ification of mental health was very interesting. Not sure I agree with all of it, but it was a good exploration.
- This article about impostor syndrome is a great read. It brings a different perspective on the issue and shifts the focus onto why women suffer from it.
- Watched Zodiac for the first time, good film.
- There was that one Friday where we all watched the Handforth Parish Council meeting and collectively lost it 😂 (I stan Jackie Weaver ✊🏼 )
- Watched The Queen's Gambit and absolutely loved it! The story, photography, wardrobe, actors... all great 💛
- Started watching The Crown Series 4.
- Rewatched The Prestige, and even having seen it before, was still delighted at the twists and turns of the story. #TeamAngier
- Started playing Super Mario 3D World, it's great fun!
- Started playing Assassins Creed Valhalla on the PS5, and it's really pretty, but I think I hammered AC a bit too much recently, so not as enthused 😅
- Really enjoyed reading about Ana's typical day ☺️
- To take a break from AC, started playing Jedi Fallen Order, and even though it's buggy and has some weird mechanics, it's still a good Star Wars game.