Lifenotes #8: March 2021
The one with the new house.· 2 min read ⏱️
- We’re got the keys to our house on the 18th! 🎉
- I took two and a half weeks of work to move and disconnect for a bit, and it was lovely! Although, I might have disconnected a bit too much and slightly resented coming back to my status of 'cog in the capitalist machine' 😅
- AC Valhalla: still plodding through it 🤷🏼♀️
- Jedi Fallen Order was great fun! Although some of the mechanics that are meant to make it harder actually just made it annoying 😅 I'm a busy woman, I can't spend my life traversing these planets, just give me fast travel!
- The men who stared at goats: I read the book a few months ago and it made me want to watch the film. Was alright 🤷🏼♀️
- This was a great read on what's wrong with NFTs.
- Guns akimbo: wacky and fun 😄
- This article hit hard for me cause I do really miss all the folks I have more casual friendships with 😢
- Tenet: I enjoyed it, very on brand Nolan film, had me entertained trying to anticipate the twists.
- Maquette: Had a quick go at this but it didn't really grab me, to be honest. Some aspects reminded me of superliminal, but overall was a bit meh so I ditched it.
- Finished reading Girl, Woman, Other. It was a great read, full of lovely stories, and I particularly enjoyed the way the stories were threaded together.
- Parasite: finally got around to watching it and it was so, so good! Just a superb film.
- Key & Peele: started watching it from the beginning, will prob do a little bit at a time in between watching other stuff.
- Naked gun: went looking for something fun to watch and ended up watching this. Silly and fun until I realised one of the main people in it is OJ Simpson 😑
- This was a good read with some great advice on interviewing.
We went for a walk by the river early in the month; the rest are from the move, and the generalised chaos of the situation 😅