Lifenotes #9: April 2021
The one with the standing desk.· 2 min
- Had to go back to work after my long holiday, that was traumatic 😂
- Saw friends in our garden and it was lovely!
- It was Thom's birthday 🎈
- I've been enjoying the big kitchen, did some baking this month 😌
- Got my first Books that Matter box 💕
- Finally got a stand up desk!
- Started reading Why I'm no longer talking to white people about race, by Reni Eddo-Lodge. Such a great book, lots of UK historical context which has been really interesting.
- Notorious: still really enjoy watching Hitchcock films, but I'm finding it very hard to get past the misogyny 😬
- Black books: started watching this as Thom likes it, it's great fun!
- Parks and rec: we're rewatching this and omg, still makes me cackle regularly 😂
- Lost in translation: it's one of Thom's faves and I hadn't seen it, so we fixed that. It was nice!
- To catch a thief: another Hitchcock one, pretty good.
- This article about FLoC by Jeremy Keith was a good read, explains the issue pretty well.
- Another great read by Lara Hogan, this one encouraging managers to adjust their Q3 roadmaps to accommodate for folks' burnouts and general weariness accumulated over the last year and a bit.
- This blog by Jessica Kerr was quite interesting, not sure I'd do away with PRs completely, but it sure is an interesting perspective, and I agree with a bunch of her points.
- This article by Eric Bailey (included in Cassidy Williams' newsletter) was super interesting! I guess I'd never thought too much about 404 pages and their purpose/impact. Would highly recommend a read 🙂
- Control: I only played a tiny bit, but I'm already in love with the aesthetics! The fonts and colours are ✨ magical ✨
- I saw this article linked amongst the fallout from the Basecamp debacle and it's a really good read on cancel culture.